The VAANP is a membership organization affiliated with the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP). As such, we are a professional organization of Virginia Naturopathic Doctors whose primary purposes are to promote the philosophy and art of naturopathic medicine, to pursue the recognition of naturopathic medicine by the Commonwealth of Virginia, and to develop and promote the standards of the naturopathic profession.
- Proudly support our profession
- Expand awareness of naturopathic medicine in Virginia
- Voice your opinion regarding legislation
- Stay alert on legislative action and provide assistance in policy efforts
- Online listing and featured in select VAANP materials
- Participate in case review, information sharing, and mentoring opportunities
- Give and receive support among your colleagues
Professional Members are Naturopathic Doctors who hold a doctorate degree in naturopathic medicine from a VAANP-approved medical school granting such degrees. The VAANP generally follows the AANP’s standards of membership.
Professional Members must also agree to abide by the VAANP bylaws and standards of practice. Current naturopathic colleges recognized by the VAANP include:
- Bastyr University
- National College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- University of Bridgeport
- National University of Health Sciences
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (BC, Canada)
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (ON, Canada)
No correspondence programs in naturopathy are approved by the VAANP and cannot be used as a basis for membership. The VAANP recognizes the concept of era-appropriate education of naturopathic physicians prior to 1977.
Application for VAANP membership requires a copy of diploma from a VAANP-recognized doctoral naturopathic medical program AND a copy of your license from an acceptable jurisdiction. If you are applying for a student membership*,
The membership due date is the annual anniversary date. For example, if you sign up with the VAANP membership on March 1st, 2021, your next annual membership will be due on March 1st, 2022.
All VAANP memberships are valid for one
New Members: Must provide a copy of diploma from an accredited naturopathic medical school and a copy of
Renewing Members: Must provide a copy of
*Different levels of membership (i.e. 1st year ND, 2nd year ND, 3rd year ND) are available.
Applicants who meet the membership criteria stated above, who have paid their dues, and who have been approved by a three-fourths vote of the Board of Directors, will be approved for membership in the VAANP.
Upon approval, a letter of confirmation will be sent to new members, and new regular members will receive a membership certificate.
Membership inquiries may be addressed to:
Virginia Association of Naturopathic Physicians
PO Box 7391
Richmond, VA 23221
Ready to get involved, grow professionally, and ensure Naturopathic Doctors make a difference in Virginia’s health landscape? Register online for professional membership and start now!