Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources & Guidelines
Resources for Naturopathic Doctors:
Resources for Public:
NOTE: Most of our Virginia naturopathic doctors offer telehealth visits, so access to care is still an option during this time. Please click the Find Naturopathic Doctors tab above.
Welcome to the VAANP
The Virginia Association of Naturopathic Physicians (VAANP), an affiliate of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP), is the professional trade association for naturopathic doctors in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Our members are graduates of accredited four-year, graduate-level, in-residence naturopathic medical programs. While Virginia does not license naturopathic doctors at this time, all of our professional members maintain a license as a naturopathic doctor or naturopathic physician in at least one of the nineteen states, or Washington D.C., that offer licensure. The VAANP is actively pursuing licensure of naturopathic doctors in Virginia.
- To be a strong presence in Virginia’s healthcare system.
- To actively promote naturopathic medicine in the Commonwealth.
- To improve access to safe & comprehensive naturopathic healthcare for Virginia residents.
To promote naturopathic medicine as well as support and strengthen the standards of naturopathic practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- To establish licensure for qualified naturopathic doctors.
- To promote public safety and professional accountability.
- To ensure universal access to naturopathic treatment options.
- To support members of the VAANP in their professional development.
- To grow the naturopathic profession in the Commonwealth.
- To improve the well-being of Virginians while providing access to health education.
What We Do
The VAANP Supports the Following Activities
- Pursuance of licensure and regulation of naturopathic doctors in the state of Virginia.
- Increase public awareness of the profession of naturopathic medicine and support the public’s universal access to graduates of federally accredited doctoral programs of naturopathic medicine.
- Establish financial support for the association and its causes.
- Provide benefits to the members of the association with the development of educational programs, referral networks, and other professional development opportunities.