NOTE: *members and ND students please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the promo code
Case Studies in Estrogen, Androgen and Cortisol Metabolism December 2, 2020 – 8:00 pm EST Presented by Carrie Jones, ND, MPH 8:00 pm EST
About this Event
This follow-up webinar will do an in-depth review of three hormone cases focusing on estrogens, androgens, and cortisol. A male in his late 40’s experiences low energy, weight gain, brain fog, erectile dysfunction, low mood and hair loss. Discussion will focus on testosterone and DHEA health including production, problems, and treatment options. In addition, his estrogen detoxification and aromatase pathway will be reviewed.
The second case is a teenage girl with several PCOS like symptoms including acne and weight gain. She also experiences PMS, anxiety, fatigue, and insomnia. The primary focus will be on updates in PCOS and a discussion around her cortisol which indicates an upregulated HPA axis.
The third case is a woman in her mid-30’s who struggles with fertility due to her endometriosis. In addition, her cortisol results point towards a thyroid problem as the thyroid and cortisol are directly intertwined.
1. Understand male androgens including where and how they are produced, what causes their decline and options for improvement.
2. Review the 3 phases of estrogen detoxification and identify how both detoxification and aromatase play a role in men’s health.
3. Identify PCOS utilizing history, symptoms, lab work and the Rotterdam criteria in order to properly address its many causes.
4. Understand metabolized and free cortisol in relation to the patient cases to formulate an appropriate treatment plan.
5. Be able to evaluate endometriosis especially in relationship to infertility.
Dr. Carrie Jones is an internationally recognized speaker, consultant, and educator on the topic of women’s health and hormones. She graduated from the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM), School of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon where she also completed her 2-year residency in women’s health, hormones, and endocrinology. Later she graduated from Grand Canyon University’s Master of Public Health program with a goal of doing more international education. She was adjunct faculty for many years teaching gynecology and advanced endocrinology/fertility and has been the Medical Director for 2 large integrative clinics in Portland. She is the Medical Director for Precision Analytical, Inc, creators of the DUTCH hormone test.