Founded in 2005, we are the professional trade association representing Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Our members are graduates of accredited four-year, in-residence doctoral naturopathic medical programs. While Virginia does not license naturopathic doctors at this time, all of our professional members maintain a license as a Naturopathic Doctor or naturopathic physician in at least one of the twenty-two (22) states, or Washington D.C., that offer licensure.
Our Association is actively advocating for licensure of medically trained naturopathic doctors in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- To be a strong presence in Virginia’s healthcare system.
- To actively promote naturopathic medicine in the Commonwealth.
- To improve access to safe & comprehensive naturopathic healthcare for Virginia residents.
- To promote public safety and professional accountability.
- To ensure universal access to naturopathic treatment options.
- To support members of the VAANP in their professional development.
- To improve the well-being of Virginians while providing access to health education.
- Pursuing licensure and regulation of naturopathic doctors in Virginia.
- Increase public awareness and support universal access to medically trained Naturopathic Doctors.
- Provide benefits and professional development opportunities to association members.