Welcome to the VAANP
Our members are graduates of accredited four-year, graduate-level, in-residence naturopathic medical programs. While Virginia does not license naturopathic doctors at this time, all of our professional members maintain a license as a naturopathic doctor or naturopathic physician in at least one of the nineteen states, or Washington D.C., that offer licensure. The VAANP is actively pursuing licensure of naturopathic doctors in Virginia.
- To be a strong presence in Virginia’s healthcare system.
- To actively promote naturopathic medicine in the Commonwealth.
- To improve access to safe & comprehensive naturopathic healthcare for Virginia residents.
- To establish licensure for qualified naturopathic doctors.
- To promote public safety and professional accountability.
- To ensure universal access to naturopathic healthcare.
- To support members of the VAANP in their professional development.
- To grow the naturopathic profession in the Commonwealth.
- To improve the well-being of Virginians while providing access to health education.
- Pursuance of licensure and regulation of naturopathic doctors in the state of Virginia.
- Increase public awareness of the profession of naturopathic medicine and support the public’s universal access to graduates of federally accredited doctoral programs of naturopathic medicine.
- Establish financial support for the association and its causes.
- Provide benefits to the members of the association with the development of educational programs, referral networks, and other professional development opportunities.